Introduction to Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018
Utah slot machine casino gambling does not exist. Utah is one of only two states, with the other being Hawaii, where gambling is considered strictly illegal. However, unlike Hawaii’s economic analysis decision-making approach, Utah prohibits all forms of gambling due to religious reasons.
The nearest slot machines are located in West Wendover in Nevada, which is located 123 miles directly west of Utah’s Salt Lake City. The four casinos in West Wendover reportedly have a total of 3,550 slot machines.
This post continues the weekly blog series “Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State“, a year-long online resource project dedicated to guiding slot machine gambling enthusiasts to success.
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in Utah*
The minimum legal age for any form of gambling in Utah is not available, because all forms of gambling is illegal.
*The purpose of this section is to inform the public of state gambling laws and how the laws apply to various forms of gambling. This information is not intended to provide legal advice.
Slot Machine Private Ownership in Utah
It is illegal to privately own a slot machine in the state of Utah.
Gaming Control Board in Utah
Utah does not have a state gaming commission. It also does not have a state lottery or, therefore, a state lottery agency.
Casinos in Utah
There are several bingo halls available in Utah. A free bingo card was being offered along with a dinner paid by the player. These facilities were subsequently legally challenged as offering illegal gambling. However, the facilities responded that the paid dinner in question was optional. The courts later ruled that it is not gambling if the bingo cards are provided free of charge with no obligation to pay for a dinner.
It is also perhaps worth mentioning that there are also rumors of illegal poker rooms available within the state of Utah, even high limit poker game rooms.
Summary of Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018
Utah slot machine casino gambling does not exist. Utah is one of only two states, the other being Hawaii, where gambling is considered strictly illegal.
The nearest slot machines are located in West Wendover in Nevada, 123 miles directly west of Salt Lake City, Utah.
However, bingo is allowed if offered free of charge.
Other State-By-State Articles from Professor Slots
- Main: Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State
- Previous: U.S. Virgin Islands Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – U.S. Virgin Islands slot machine casino gambling consists of casinos on the island of St. Croix. Hurricanes Irma and Maria two weeks later, both category 5 storms, have devastated the island territory. Currently, the cruise ships port is in use, a hotel casino has reopened, but the casino resort is still under repair.
- Next: Vermont Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – Vermont slot machine casino gambling does not exist, as this state currently has no casinos or racetracks. The nearest available gaming opportunities exist across Vermont’s borders in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York as well as at a tribal casino in Montreal, Canada. Vermont has had a state lottery since 1978.
Thanks for Reading!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a voicemail at 937-696-0086.
- Ask a question via email.
Professor Slots Podcast
Books by Professor Slots
My +200 page book Learning to Win: How to Make a Profit at Slot Machine Casino Gambling is available at:
My Only Request is Your Email Address!
All my slots-related articles and podcasts are freely available. In return, I only ask for your email address. That’s it. In return, you’ll get:
- An immediate gift of the top 7 online resources for slots enthusiasts;
- A short sequence of emails with the all-time best information from Professor Slots; then
- Weekly email with links to my latest blog articles and podcasts.