Introduction to Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Utah slot machine casino gambling does not exist. Utah is one of only two states, with the other being Hawaii, where gambling is considered strictly illegal. However, unlike Hawaii’s economic analysis decision-making approach, Utah prohibits all forms of gambling due to religious reasons.
The nearest slot machines are located in West Wendover in Nevada, which is located 123 miles directly west of Utah’s Salt Lake City. The four casinos in West Wendover reportedly have a total of 3,550 slot machines.
This post continues the weekly blog series “Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State“, a year-long online resource project dedicated to guiding slot machine gambling enthusiasts to success.
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling*
The minimum legal age for any form of gambling in Utah is not available, because all forms of gambling is illegal.
*The purpose of this section is to inform the public of state gambling laws and how the laws apply to various forms of gambling. This information is not intended to provide legal advice.
Slot Machine Private Ownership
It is illegal to privately own a slot machine in the state of Utah.
State Gaming Commission
Utah does not have a state gaming commission. It also does not have a state lottery or, therefore, a state lottery agency.
There are several bingo halls available in Utah. A free bingo card was being offered along with a dinner paid by the player. These facilities were subsequently legally challenged as offering illegal gambling. However, the facilities responded that the paid dinner in question was optional. The courts later ruled that it is not gambling if the bingo cards are provided free of charge with no obligation to pay for a dinner.
It is also perhaps worth mentioning that there are also rumors of illegal poker rooms available within the state of Utah, even high limit poker game rooms.
Summary of Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Utah slot machine casino gambling does not exist. Utah is one of only two states, the other being Hawaii, where gambling is considered strictly illegal.
The nearest slot machines are located in West Wendover in Nevada, 123 miles directly west of Salt Lake City, Utah.
However, bingo is allowed if offered free of charge.
Other State-By-State Articles from Professor Slots
- Main: Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State
- Previous: U.S. Virgin Islands Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – U.S. Virgin Islands slot machine casino gambling consists of casinos on the island of St. Croix. Hurricanes Irma and Maria two weeks later, both category 5 storms, have devastated the island territory. Currently, the cruise ships port is in use, a hotel casino has reopened, but the casino resort is still under repair.
- Next: Vermont Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – TBD
Thanks for Reading!
There’s more Professor Slots online content available for the slots enthusiast! Take a look!
Professor Slots Podcast:
- Ask your question via email.
- Leave a slots-related voicemail on the Professor Slots podcast hotline: 937-696-0086.
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | Tune-In | SoundCloud | RSS
Professor Slots Books:
- How-To Guide to Winning at Casino Slots: What Everyone Should Know Before Playing Slot Machines. Amazon Kindle e-Book (22 pages).
- Learning to Win: How to Make a Profit at Slot Machine Casino Gambling. PDF download, Amazon Kindle e-Book, or Amazon Kindle Softcover (200+ pages)
My Only Request is Your Email Address!
All my slots-related articles and podcasts are freely available. In return, I only ask for your email address. That’s it. In return for your email address, you’ll get the following:
- An immediate gift of the top 7 online resources for slots enthusiasts;
- A short sequence of emails with the all-time best information from Professor Slots; then
- Weekly email with links to my latest blog articles and podcasts.
I ask for your email address so that, sometime in the future, I can send you a survey to determine what you’d most like for me to work on and provide. Will it be online courses? Webinars? More books? Speaking engagements? Or, something we haven’t yet thought of, you and I? Let’s find out, together!