Introduction to Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019
Utah slot machine casino gambling does not exist due to religious reasons. It is one of only two states where gambling is strictly illegal. However, slot machines are available across Utah’s borders in its neighboring states.
This post continues the weekly blog series Online Resource: State-By-State Slots Gambling Summaries, an online resource dedicated to guiding slot machine casino gambling enthusiasts to success. Each weekly post reviews slots gambling in a single U.S. state, territory, or federal district.
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in Utah*
The minimum legal gambling age in Utah does not depend upon the gambling activity:
- Land-Based Casinos: Not available
- Poker Rooms: Not available
- Bingo: Not available
- Lottery: Not available
- Pari-Mutuel Wagering: Not available
The minimum legal age for any form of gambling in Utah is not available as all forms of gambling are illegal.
*The purpose of this section is to inform the public of state gambling laws and how the laws apply to various forms of gambling. This information is not intended to provide legal advice.
Slot Machine Private Ownership in Utah
It is illegal to own a slot machine in the state of Utah privately.
Gaming Control Board in Utah
Utah does not have state gaming commissions to provide gaming regulations for casinos, the lottery, pari-mutuel wagering, or charitable gaming.
Casinos in Utah
There are no casinos in Utah.
List of Casinos in Utah
Again, there are no casinos in Utah. However, Utah has several bingo halls in Salt Lake City, Huntsville, Kearns, Ogden, and Riverdale. Some bingo facilities have electronic gaming machines offering video bingo.
After legally challenged with offering illegal gambling for charging a fee for providing bingo along with a dinner, the bingo facilities responded that the paid dinner in question was optional. The courts later ruled that it is not gambling if the bingo cards are free of charge with no obligation to pay for dinner.
It is also perhaps worth mentioning that there are also rumors of illegal poker rooms available within the state of Utah, even high limit poker game rooms.
List of Tribal Casinos in Utah
Utah has seven federally-recognized American Indian tribes:
- Confederated Tribes of the Goshute Reservation (Nevada and Utah)
- Navajo Nation (
Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah)
- Northwestern Band of Shoshoni Nation
- Paiute Indian Tribe of Utah consisting of
- Cedar Band of Paiutes
- Kanosh Band of Paiutes
- Koosharem Band of Paiutes
- Indian Peaks Band of Paiutes
- Shivwits Band of Paiutes
- Skull Valley Band of Goshute Indians of Utah
- Ute Indian Tribe of the Uintah and Ouray Reservation
- Ute Mountain Ute Tribe (Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah)
However, Utah has no tribal casinos.
Other Gambling Establishments
As an alternative to enjoying Utah slot machine casino gambling, consider exploring casino options in a nearby state. Bordering Utah is:
- North: Idaho Slots and Wyoming Slots
- East: Colorado Slots
- South: Arizona Slots
- Southwest: New Mexico Slots
- West: Nevada Slots
Each of the links above will take you to my state-specific blog for that neighboring state to Utah.
The nearest slot machines are in West Wendover in Nevada, about 123 miles west of Utah’s Salt Lake City. The four casinos in West Wendover have a total of 3,550 slot machines.
For more information on West Wendover casinos, see my article Wendover Payout Returns over 100% on $25 Slots (Q&A Session) or Professor Slots podcast episode #41: West Wendover Nevada Payout Returns | CO, CT Slots 2018.
Payout Returns in Utah
No payout return limits or statistics are available from Utah.
Summary of Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019
Utah slot machine casino gambling does not exist. Utah is one of only two states, the other being Hawaii, where gambling is strictly illegal. The nearest slot machines for Utah residents are in West Wendover in Nevada, 123 miles directly west of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Bingo is legal in Utah, but only if offered free of charge. Some bingo halls have electronic gaming machines offering video bingo.
Annual Progress in Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Over the last year, there has been no change in the lack of gaming in the state of Utah.
2018 Archive: Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – Utah slot machine casino gambling does not exist. Utah is one of only two states, the other being Hawaii, where gambling is considered strictly illegal. The nearest slot machines are located in West Wendover in Nevada, 123 miles directly west of Salt Lake City, Utah. However, bingo is allowed if offered free of charge.
Professor Slots Video on Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019
Utah-Related Articles from Professor Slots
- Wendover Payout Returns over 100% on $25 Slots (Q&A Session) – This Q&A article is based on an email from Lyle, which led to discovering Wendover Payout Returns over 100%. For $25 slot machines in Wendover, per statistics available from the state of Nevada, these high payout returns existed over the summer months. I provide Lyle with advice and performed further analysis for my readers.
Other State-By-State Articles from Professor Slots
- Series: Online Resource: State-By-State Slots Gambling Summaries – Now in its second year, this series is an online resource dedicated to slot machine casino gambling enthusiasts. It provides 56 weekly, detailed gambling summarizes covering each U.S. state, territory, and the federal district to capture dynamic changes occurring of late in the U.S. gaming/gambling industry specific to slots play.
- Previous: U.S. Virgin Islands Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019 – U.S. Virgin Islands slot machine casino gambling consists of 7 casinos on the islands of St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas. Most casinos closed for renovation or rebuilding after the damage caused by two Category-5 hurricanes, Irma and Maria, in September 2017. Before making travel plans, check the status of any casinos.
- Next: Vermont Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019 – Vermont slot machine casino gambling does not exist. It has no casinos or pari-mutuel wagering racetracks. This state specifically prohibits slot machines and other mechanical gambling devices. Nonprofit and fraternal organizations can offer limited games of chance fundraising events. Vermont has had a state lottery since 1978.