Our Commitment to Responsible Gambling
Jon Friedl LLC is committed to responsible gambling and ensuring that our online visitors are gambling for the right reason – to simply have fun – and welcomes those that are of legal casino gambling age to our website. Jon Friedl LLC only seeks individuals who gamble responsibly. For those who are not able to do so because of compulsive gambling, Jon Friedl LLC offers the following resources and support.
Warning Signs of Problem Gaming
The following represent some of the most common warning signs that an individual may have a problem gambling and should seek advice with regards to compulsive gambling:
- betting more than you can afford to lose;
- gambling often until your last dollar is gone;
- gambling to win money to solve financial problems;
- feeling unable to stop gambling, regardless of winning or losing;
- neglecting relationships with family and friends because of gambling; and,
- missing work because of gambling.
Problem Gambling Resources
It is important to remember that problem gambling is an illness that can strike anyone no matter their background, but it can be treated. If you believe you have a problem with gambling, or if you know someone who does, you can contact one of the assistance organizations listed below for additional information.
United States National Helpline 800-522-4700:
- Gam-Anon International, 718-352-1671
- Gambling Awareness Program (GAP) Facebook Page
- Gambling Awareness Program (GAP) website
- Problem Gambling Institute of Ontario with 24/7 Helpline 888-230-3505
Additional Online Resources
- Warning Signs of Problem Gambling: I Lost A Bet
- Harvard Medical School’s Problem Gambling Toolkit: Your First Step To Change
- YourChemistry.org: “It’s not your character; it’s your chemistry”
- Scientific American article: How the Brain Gets Addicted to Gambling
- PsychGuides.com: Causes and Effects of Compulsive Gambling Symptoms
Have fun, be safe, and make good choices!
By Jon H. Friedl, Jr. Ph.D., President
Jon Friedl LLC