Introduction to Wyoming Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018
Wyoming slot machine casino gambling consists of 4 American Indian tribal casinos offering both Class II bingo-style gaming machines as well as the more typical Class III slot machines. As it is a popular pastime in Wyoming, approximately 21 locations offer Class II bingo-style games only.
Regarding payback return percentages, Wyoming has neither set a legal limit nor publicly reports actual payback returns from Wyoming casinos.
Pari-mutuel horse races are also available, for those interested. These gambling facilities do not offer traditional slot machines.
This post continues the weekly blog series “Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State“, a year-long online resource project dedicated to guiding slot machine gambling enthusiasts to success.
Keep Reading … or Listen Instead!
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in Wyoming*
The minimum legal age for gambling in Wyoming is 18 for all types of gambling. The maximum size of bet legally permitted is $25.
Pari-mutuel horse races are also available, for those interested. These gambling facilities do not offer traditional slot machines. However, state legislation signed into law in 2013 allowed these establishments to offer gaming machines that appear to be slot machines.
But, they are actually historic horse races with limited race information available. This activity has effectively made pari-mutuel wagering available year-round, with a subsequent boost to local economies.
*The purpose of this section is to inform the public of state gambling laws and how the laws apply to various forms of gambling. This information is not intended to provide legal advice.
Slot Machine Private Ownership in Wyoming
It is legal to privately own a slot machine in the state of Wyoming if it is 25 years old or older.
Gaming Control Board in Wyoming
The state of Wyoming has a state lottery agency as well as a Pari-Mutuel Commission. However, Wyoming does not have a gaming commission for slots and other casino games, as these games were established by federal law through state-tribal compacts under the IGRA of 1988.
That being said, however, as recently as 2015 Wyoming lawmakers has been weighing whether or not to establish a gaming commission due to gaming’s ongoing expansion in Wyoming.
This has apparently been driven by the expansion of poker rooms as well as certain activities of the state lottery beyond traditional lottery drawings.
List of Casinos in Wyoming
The 4 tribal casinos in Wyoming are:
- 789 Casino in Riverton, located 125 miles west of Casper.
- Little Wind Casino in Arapahoe, located 140 miles west of Casper.
- Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel in Lander, located 140 miles west of Casper.
- Wind River Hotel and Casino in Riverton, located 125 miles west of Casper.
Summary of Wyoming Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018
Wyoming slot machine casino gambling consists of 4 tribal casinos offering typical Class III slot machines. both traditional reels and video progressives, as well as Class II bingo-style games.
Wyoming has neither set a legal limit on payout returns nor publicly reports actual payout returns from Wyoming casinos.
Bingo is a popular pastime in Wyoming, offering an additional 21 bingo halls. For those interested, pari-mutuel horse races are also available at multiple
Professor Slots Video on Wyoming Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018
Other State-By-State Articles from Professor Slots
- Series: Online Resource: State-By-State Slots Gambling Summaries – Now in its second year, this series is an online resource dedicated to slot machine casino gambling enthusiasts. It provides 56 weekly, detailed gambling summarizes covering each U.S. state, territory, and the federal district to capture dynamic changes occurring of late in the U.S. gaming/gambling industry specific to slots play.
- Previous: Wisconsin Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – Wisconsin slot machine casino gambling consists of slot machines available at 22 American Indian tribal casinos operated by 11 federally recognized tribes. Through state-tribal compacts available online, payout returns may be between a minimum of 80% and a maximum of 100%. Actual payout returns are not reported.
- Next: Alabama Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – For those interested in slots, there really isn’t any such thing as Alabama slot machine casino gambling. Only Class II bingo-style machines are offered at 3 American Indian tribal casinos and 1
pari-mutual wagering racino, with no legal limits on payout returns or actual payout return statistics publicly available.