Introduction to Vermont Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018
Vermont slot machine casino gambling does not exist. There are no casinos or racetracks within the state of Vermont. However, casino gambling is available relatively nearby, right across each of its borders, including:
- To the west: New Hampshire;
- To the south: Massachusetts;
- To the north: Province of Quebec, Canada; and
- To the west: New York.
This post continues the weekly blog series “Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State“, a year-long online resource project dedicated to guiding slot machine gambling enthusiasts to success.
Keep Reading … or Listen Instead!
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in Vermont*
The minimum legal age for casino gambling in Vermont is not available. It is 18 for the lottery and bingo.
The laws against gambling in Vermont are comprehensive and strict, even going so far as to restrict simple social gambling. The only gambling legally allowed is the state lottery.
*The purpose of this section is to inform the public of state gambling laws and how the laws apply to various forms of gambling. This information is not intended to provide legal advice.
Slot Machine Private Ownership in Vermont
It is legal to privately own a slot machine in the state of Vermont if it was manufactured prior to 1954.
Gaming Control Board in Vermont
No state gaming commission exists except for the Vermont Lottery Commission regulating the state’s lottery.
Casinos in Vermont
There are no casinos or racetracks in Vermont.
Summary of Vermont Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018
Vermont slot machine casino gambling does not exist, as this state currently has no casinos or racetracks. The nearest available gaming opportunities exist across Vermont’s borders in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York as well as at a tribal casino in Montreal, Canada. Vermont has had a state lottery since 1978.
Other State-By-State Articles from Professor Slots
- Main: Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State
- Previous: Utah Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – Utah slot machine casino gambling does not exist. Utah is one of only two states, the other being Hawaii, where gambling is considered strictly illegal. The nearest slot machines are located in West Wendover in Nevada, 123 miles directly west of Salt Lake City, Utah. However, bingo is allowed if offered free of charge.
- Next: Virginia Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – Virginia slot machine casino gambling does not exist, although slot-like historical race wagering machines will become available later in 2018 at Colonial Downs in eastern Virginia. Horse racing and pari-mutuel wagering are allowed at licensed facilities, with one horseracing track, simulcast, and OTB currently open.