Introduction to Puerto Rico Slot Machine Casino Gambling in 2019
Puerto Rico slot machine casino gambling consists of sixteen casinos as well as casinos on visiting cruise ships. In late September 2017, Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico, but this U.S. territory has slowly been making physical and economic recoveries.
Puerto Rico has set a minimum payout return for their slot machines. No up-to-date statistics for actual payout return percentages are available online.
This post continues the weekly series Online Resource: A State-By-State Slot Machine Casino Gambling Series, an online resource dedicated to guiding slot machine casino gambling enthusiasts to success. Each weekly post reviews slots gambling in a single U.S. state, territory, or the federal district.
Keep Reading … or Listen Instead!
This audio contains commentary not found anywhere else!
Subscribe to the Professor Slots podcast at Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | iHeart Radio | Spotify | Stitcher | Pandora | Tune-In | SoundCloud | RadioPublic | Android | RSS and wherever else you find podcasts!
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in Puerto Rico*
The minimum legal gambling age in Puerto Rico does not depend upon the gambling activity:
- Land-Based Casinos: 18
- Poker Rooms: 18
- Bingo: 18
- Lottery: 18
- Pari-Mutuel Wagering: 18
The maximum denomination for a slot machine in Puerto Rico is $25.
*The purpose of this section is to inform the public of state gambling laws and how the laws apply to various forms of gambling. This information is not intended to provide legal advice.
Slot Machine Private Ownership in Puerto Rico
The legal status for privately owning a slot machine in the territory of Puerto Rico is unknown.
Gaming Control Board in Puerto Rico
Casinos in Puerto Rico
There are thirteen non-tribal casinos as well as visiting cruise ships in Puerto Rico. San Juan has eight casinos including 92 table games and nearly 2,000 gaming machines.
The largest casino in Puerto Rico is Caguas Real Hotel & Casino in Caguas having 570 gaming machines and 10 table games.
List of Casinos in Puerto Rico
There were sixteen casinos listed as being available in Puerto Rico. Most connect to well-known hotel chains such as Embassy Suites, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Marriott, Radisson, Ritz-Carlton, Westin, and Wyndham.
Specific lodging and casino combinations include:
- La Concha A Renaissance Resort in San Juan
- Cost Bahia Hotel & Convention Center in Guayanilla
- Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla in Aguadilla
- Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel in Carolina
- Embassy Suites Hotel & Casino in Carolina
- Four Points by Sheraton at Caguas Real Hotel & Casino in Caguas
- Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino in Ponce
- Holiday Inn & Tropical Casino Ponce in Ponce
- Hyatt Place Bayamón Hotel & Casino in Bayamón
- Hyatt Place Manati Hotel & Casino
AtlantiCoati in Manati
- Mayagüez Holiday Inn & Tropical Casino in Mayagüez
- Mayagüez Resort & Casino in Mayagüez
- Ponce Plaza Hotel & Casino in Ponce
- San Juan Marriott & Stellaris Casino in San Juan
- Sheraton Convention Center Hotel & Casino in San Juan
- Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort & Country Club in Rio Grande
List of Tribal Casinos in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico has no federally-recognized American Indian tribes and, therefore, has no tribal casinos.
Other Gambling Establishments
As an alternative to enjoying Puerto Rico slot machine casino gambling, consider exploring casino options in a nearby state. Bordering Puerto Rico is:
- North: Atlantic Ocean
- Northwest: Florida Slots
- East: U.S. Virgin Islands Slots
- South: Caribbean Sea
- West: Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, and Cuba
Each of the links above will take you to my state-specific blog for that neighboring state or territory to Puerto Rico.
Payout Returns in Puerto Rico
Per Puerto Rico’s territorial gaming regulations, the minimum payout return for slot machines in Puerto Rico is 83%.
Our Puerto Rico Slots Facebook Group
Are you interested in sharing and learning with other slots enthusiasts in Puerto Rico? If so, join our new Puerto Rico slots community on Facebook. All you’ll need is a Facebook profile to freely join this closed Facebook Group.
There, you’ll be able to privately share your slots experiences as well as chat with players about slots gambling in or near Puerto Rico. Come join us!
Summary of Puerto Rico Slot Machine Casino Gambling in 2019
Puerto Rico slot machine casino gambling consists of sixteen casinos as well as casinos on visiting cruise ships. This U.S. territory has slowly been making physical and economic recoveries since Hurricane Maria in 2017.
Puerto Rico has set an 83% minimum payout return for their slot machines. No up-to-date statistics for actual payout return percentages are available online.
Annual Progress in Puerto Rico Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Over the last year, Puerto Rico has recovered from much of the widespread devastation caused by Hurricane Maria.
2018 Archive: Puerto Rico Slot Machine Casino Gambling in 2018 – Prior to the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria in late September 2017, Puerto Rico slot machine casino gambling consisted of 16 casinos. There were primarily associated with well-known hotel chains, including Embassy Suites, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Marriott, Radisson, Ritz-Carlton, Westin, and Wyndham.
Other State-By-State Articles from Professor Slots
- Online Resource: A State-By-State Slot Machine Casino Gambling Series – This online resource for slot machine casino gamblers summaries a third year of 56 weekly posts for each U.S. state, territory, and the federal district. Slots players begin here to learn about the slots gaming industry in each U.S. gaming jurisdiction. This summary article links to 56 individual state-specific posts useful to slots players.
- Previous: Pennsylvania Slot Machine Casino Gambling in 2019 – Pennsylvania slot machine casino gambling consists of 12 casinos, including 4 standalone casinos, 2 casino resorts, and 6 racetrack racinos. Other locations will soon include truck stops, airports, satellite casinos, and online. Theoretical payout return limits are 85% and 100%. Monthly payout return statistics are online.
- Next: Rhode Island Slot Machine Casino Gambling in 2019 – Rhode Island slot machine casino gambling consists of two casinos having VLT-style gaming machines offering six or more games including slots, blackjack, keno, and three versions of poker. Minimum and maximum theoretical payout return limits are not set. Monthly payout return statistics for each casino are publicly available.