Introduction to Missouri Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Missouri slot machine casino gambling consists of thirteen riverboat casinos across the state.
I’ve dedicated this series to slot enthusiasts such as yourself by using my State-By-State Online Resource for U.S. Casino Slots Enthusiasts to improve your slots gambling performance by reviewing your state’s slots gaming industry.
Keep Reading … or Listen Instead!
Listen for free wherever you get your podcasts.
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in Missouri
The minimum legal gambling age in Missouri depends upon the gambling activity:
- Land-Based Casinos: 21
- Poker Rooms: 21
- Bingo: 18
- Lottery: 18
- Pari-Mutuel Wagering: 18
Missouri was the fifth U.S. state to approve riverboat casinos. Gaming regulations for these casinos have evolved over time including:
- Eliminating cruising
- Removing closing boarding for two-hour-long gaming sessions
- Removal of the original $500 loss limit on each gaming session
The state of Missouri withholds 4% of winnings on $1,200 or more jackpots or cash prizes. Filing a tax return with Missouri can potentially return some of this withheld state income tax.
Slot Machine Private Ownership in Missouri
Ownership of a slot machine privately is legal in this state if it is at least 30 years old.
Gaming Control Board in Missouri
The Missouri Gaming Commission is responsible for establishing state gaming regulations for riverboat casinos, fantasy sports, bingo, and charitable games.
This state gaming control board also hosts the interesting Missouri Gaming Commission News and Information blog with gaming news and information as well as photos.
Casinos in Missouri
Missouri has thirteen riverboat commercial casinos.
The largest casino in Missouri is Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City.
The second-largest casino is Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles.
Commercial Casinos in Missouri
The 13 commercial riverboat casinos in Missouri are:
- Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, 23 miles northwest of St. Louis.
- Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa in Riverside, 7 miles northwest of Kansas City.
- Casino KC in Kansas City
- Century Casino Cape Girardeau, 116 miles southeast of St. Louis.
- Century Casino Caruthersville, 98 miles north of Memphis, Tennessee.
- Harrah’s Kansas City in North Kansas City, 7 miles northeast of downtown Kansas City.
- Hollywood Casino St. Louis
- Isle of Capri Casino Hotel – Boonville, 103 miles east of Kansas City.
- Lumiére Place Casino & Hotels in St. Louis.
- Mark Twain Casino in La Grange, 145 miles northwest of St. Louis.
- River City Casino & Hotel in St. Louis.
- St. Jo Frontier Casino in St. Joseph, 55 miles north of Kansas City.
Tribal Casinos in Missouri
Missouri is home to two American Indian tribes. Without federal recognition, neither tribe can get a gaming compact. Neither tribe has established a tribal casino.
Other Gambling Establishments
As an alternative to enjoying Missouri slot machine casino gambling, consider exploring casino options in a nearby state. Bordering Missouri is:
- North: Iowa Slots
- East: Illinois Slots
- Southeast: Kentucky Slots
- South: Arkansas Slots and Tennessee Slots
- Northwest: Nebraska Slots
- West: Kansas Slots and Oklahoma Slots
Each of the links above will take you to my blog for that neighboring U.S. state to Missouri.
Our Missouri Slots Facebook Community
Are you interested in sharing and learning with other slots enthusiasts in Missouri? If so, join our Missouri slots community on Facebook. All you’ll need is a Facebook profile to freely join this closed Facebook Group community.
There, you can meet online and privately share your slots experiences with local slots enthusiasts about playing slot machines in Missouri. Join us!
Payouts and Returns in Missouri
Missouri state law has set a minimum theoretical payout limit of 80% on gambling devices.
Return statistics are combined from all electronic games including video poker, video keno, and slot machines. Monthly reports are under the gaming control board’s I Want To… section View Slot Payout Percentages by Location.
This monthly report provides return statistics by casino and slot machine denomination. In March 2021, the statewide return for all Missouri riverboat casinos was 90.1%.
Further, the monthly return for each riverboat casino was:
- Ameristar Kansas City: 90.3%
- Ameristar St. Charles: 90.6%
- Argosy: 90.1%
- Casino KC: 89.0%
- Century Cape Girardeau: 89.4%
- Century Caruthersville: 89.5%
- Harrah’s Kansas City: 89.8%
- Hollywood St. Louis: 90.7%
- Isle of Capri – Boonville: 90.0%
- Lumiére Place: 89.6%
- Mark Twain: 89.0%
- River City: 90.6%
- St. Jo Frontier: 88.9%
For March 2021, the highest return went to Hollywood St. Louis at 90.7% closely followed by both Ameristar St. Charles and River City at 90.6%. The lowest return went to the St. Jo Frontier at 88.9% closely followed by both Casino KC and Mark Twain Casino at 89%.
Prior to visiting Missouri’s riverboat casinos, be sure to check the latest month’s return statistics for the slot machine denominations with the best returns.
Summary of Missouri Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Missouri slot machine casino gambling consists of thirteen riverboat casinos. There are no tribal casinos in Missouri.
Annual Progress in Missouri Slot Machine Casino Gambling
In the last year, Isle of Capri Casino-Kansas City was purchased by Bally’s and renamed Casino KC.
Other States from Professor Slots
- State-By-State Online Resource for U.S. Casino Slots Enthusiasts
- Previous: Mississippi Slot Machine Casino Gambling
- Next: Montana Slot Machine Casino Gambling