Introduction to South Carolina Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019
South Carolina slot machine casino gambling consists of two gambling boats offering short day trips to international waters. South Carolina has no land-based casinos.
This post continues the weekly blog series Online Resource: State-By-State Slots Gambling Summaries, an online resource dedicated to guiding slot machine casino gambling enthusiasts to success. Each weekly post reviews slots gambling in a single U.S. state, territory, or federal district.
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in South Carolina*
The minimum legal gambling age in South Carolina depends upon the gambling activity:
- Land-Based Casinos: Not Available
- Poker Rooms: Not Available
- Bingo: 18
- Lottery: 18
- Pari-Mutuel Wagering: Not Available
The minimum legal age for cruise ship casino gambling in South Carolina is 21
Casino gambling is illegal in South Carolina. Gaming boats docked in South Carolina must sail to international waters before gambling can commence.
*The purpose of this section is to inform the public of state gambling laws and how the laws apply to various forms of gambling. This information is not intended to provide legal advice.
Slot Machine Private Ownership in South Carolina
It is illegal to privately own any slot machine in the state of South Carolina.
Gaming Control Board in South Carolina
South Carolina does not have a state gaming commission as casino gambling is illegal. South Carolina is the most restrictive state after Utah with regards to gambling.
However, with a state-approved license, bingo exists for non-profit organizations under certain restrictions. South Carolina also offers a state lottery.
Casinos in South Carolina
There are two cruise ships available in South Carolina for 5-hour-long gambling trips to international waters. Also available are multi-day cruises to international destinations.
List of Casinos in South Carolina
Casino-style gambling day trips to international waters are available via two luxury yachts operated by The Big “M” Casino in Little River, not far from Myrtle Beach. Two luxury yachts are available, called Ship I and Ship II, having an optional all-you-can-eat buffet. The ships cruise year-round.
Otherwise, Carnival Cruise Lines has multi-day cruises to various international destinations out of Carnival Cruise Port in Charleston.
List of Tribal Casinos in South Carolina
The Catawba Tribe of South Carolina is the only federally-recognized American Indian tribe in this state. The Catawba Indian Nation has not negotiated a tribal-state gaming compact. Therefore, South Carolina does not have any tribal casinos.
Other Gambling Establishments
As an alternative to enjoying South Carolina slot machine casino gambling, consider exploring casino options in a nearby state. Bordering South Carolina is:
Each of the links above will take you to my state-specific blog for that neighboring state to South Carolina.
Payout Returns in South Carolina
Slot machine gambling is illegal in South Carolina, so neither payout return limits exist nor are payout return statistics available.
Summary of South Carolina Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019
South Carolina slot machine casino gambling consists of luxury yacht day trips and multi-day cruise ship to international destinations. There are no land-based casinos or racinos in South Carolina.
Annual Progress in South Carolina Slot Machine Casino Gambling
There has been no change in the gaming industry of South Carolina over the last year.
2018 Archive: South Carolina Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – South Carolina slot machine casino gambling consists of luxury yacht day trips and multi-day cruise ship to international destinations through Carnival Cruise Lines. South Carolina is the most restrictive U.S. state, after Utah, in terms of most forms of gambling. There are no land-based or racinos in South Carolina.
Professor Slots Video on South Carolina Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019
Other State-By-State Articles from Professor Slots
- Series: Online Resource: State-By-State Slots Gambling Summaries – Now in its second year, this series is an online resource dedicated to slot machine casino gambling enthusiasts. It provides 56 weekly, detailed gambling summarizes covering each U.S. state, territory, and the federal district to capture dynamic changes occurring of late in the U.S. gaming/gambling industry specific to slots play.
- Previous: Rhode Island Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019 – Rhode Island slot machine casino gambling consists of two casinos having VLT-style gaming machines offering six or more games including slots, blackjack, keno, and three versions of poker. Minimum and maximum theoretical payout return limits are not set. Monthly payout return statistics for each casino are publicly available.
- Next: South Dakota Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2019 – South Dakota slot machine casino gambling consists of 25 casinos in Deadwood and 11 tribal casinos throughout the state along with 1,347 bars and taverns with non-slots video lottery terminals. Slot machines in Deadwood have a minimum payout return limit of 80% and overall monthly statistics. Tribal casinos have neither.