Introduction to South Carolina Slot Machine Casino Gambling
South Carolina slot machine casino gambling consists of luxury yacht and cruise ship gambling only. There are no land-based or pari-mutuel racetracks with or without slot machines.
South Carolina is the most restrictive U.S. state, territory, or federal district regarding most forms of gambling. With an approved license, Bingo is legally allowed for non-profit organizations. South Carolina also has a state lottery.
This post continues the weekly blog series “Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State“, a year-long online resource project dedicated to guiding slot machine gambling enthusiasts to success.
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling*
The minimum legal age for cruise ship casino gambling in South Carolina is 21. It is 18 for the lottery.
The state laws pertaining to bingo by licensed non-profit organizations can be found in the South Carolina’s Code of Laws, specifically starting in Article 24: Bingo Tax Act, Section 12-21-3920.
*The purpose of this section is to inform the public of state gambling laws and how the laws apply to various forms of gambling. This information is not intended to provide legal advice.
Slot Machine Private Ownership
It is not legal to privately own any slot machine in the state of South Carolina.
State Gaming Commission
The South Carolina Department of Revenue has a Bingo Licensing and Enforcement Unit. Bingo is legal in South Carolina, although special laws govern how Bingo can be conducted.
Failure to comply can lead to violations or the loss of the bingo license. Violations potentially leading to criminal charges can result from non-compliance to state law.
The available luxury yachts and cruise ships with gambling must sail at least 3 miles off the coast to be in international waters before gambling can commence.
Casino-style gambling day trips to international waters are available via two luxury yachts operated by The Big “M” Casino in Little River, not far from Myrtle Beach. Two luxury yachts are available, called Ship I and Ship II, having an optional all-you-can-eat buffet.
Otherwise, Carnival Cruise Lines has multi-day cruises to various international destinations out of Carnival Cruise Port in Charleston.
Summary of South Carolina Slot Machine Casino Gambling
South Carolina slot machine casino gambling consists of luxury yacht day trips and multi-day cruise ship to international destinations. There are no land-based or racinos in South Carolina.
South Carolina is the most restrictive state after Utah with regards to gambling. However, with a state approved license, bingo is legally allowed for non-profit organizations under certain restrictions. South Carolina also offers a state lottery.
Other State-By-State Articles from Professor Slots
- Main: Slot Machine Casino Gambling, State-By-State
- Previous: Rhode Island Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – Rhode Island slot machine casino gambling consists of two pari-mutuel racinos having multi-game VLT-style slot machines. The Twin River Casino in Lincoln is the seventh largest casino in America. These VLTs are regulated by the state lottery. A replacement racino for Newport Grand Casino nears completion in Tiverton.
- Next: South Dakota Slot Machine Casino Gambling 2018 – South Dakota slot machine casino gambling consists of twenty-seven frontier-like casinos within historic Deadwood as well as eleven American Indian tribal casinos. The South Dakota Commission on Gaming offers actual payout return statistics for casinos located in Deadwood, but none are available for the tribal casinos.
Thanks for Reading!
There’s more Professor Slots online content available for the slots enthusiast! Take a look!
Professor Slots Podcast:
- Ask your question via email.
- Leave a slots-related voicemail on the Professor Slots podcast hotline: 937-696-0086.
- Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | Tune-In | SoundCloud | RSS
Professor Slots Books:
- How-To Guide to Winning at Casino Slots: What Everyone Should Know Before Playing Slot Machines. Amazon Kindle e-Book (22 pages).
- Learning to Win: How to Make a Profit at Slot Machine Casino Gambling. PDF download, Amazon Kindle e-Book, or Amazon Kindle Softcover (200+ pages)
My Only Request is Your Email Address!
All my slots-related articles and podcasts are freely available. In return, I only ask for your email address. That’s it. In return for your email address, you’ll get the following:
- An immediate gift of the top 7 online resources for slots enthusiasts;
- A short sequence of emails with the all-time best information from Professor Slots; then
- Weekly email with links to my latest blog articles and podcasts.
I ask for your email address so that, sometime in the future, I can send you a survey to determine what you’d most like for me to work on and provide. Will it be online courses? Webinars? More books? Speaking engagements? Or, something we haven’t yet thought of, you and I? Let’s find out, together!