Introduction to California Slot Machine Casino Gambling in 2020
I’ve dedicated this weekly series to slot enthusiasts such as yourself as you master casino slots and win your way to success by using this State-By-State Online Resource to improve your slots gambling performance by reviewing your state’s slots gaming industry.
Keep Reading … Or Watch Instead!
Or … Listen Instead!
Find my podcast wherever you listen to audio!
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in California*
The minimum legal gambling age in California depends upon the gambling activity:
- Land-Based Casinos: 18 or, if serving alcohol, 21
- Poker Rooms: 18 or, if serving alcohol, 21
- Bingo: 18
- Lottery: 18
- Pari-Mutuel Wagering: 18
Slot Machine Private Ownership in California
It is legal to own a slot machine privately in California if it is 25 years old or older.
Gaming Control Board in California
Further, the Bureau of Gambling Control within California’s Department of Justice provides state law enforcement authority with jurisdiction over gambling activities.
Casinos in California
California has 65 American Indian tribal casinos, ten racetracks without gaming machines, numerous card rooms also without gaming machines, and cruise ships with onboard casinos to Hawaii, Alaska, and international destinations.
The largest casino in California is San Manuel Casino having 4,800 gaming machines.
The second-largest casino is Pechanga Resort Casino with 4,000 gaming machines.
Commercial Casinos in California
There are no commercial casinos with slot machines in California.
Tribal Casinos in California
California’s 65 tribal casinos are:
- Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Palm Springs, 115 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, 115 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Augustine Casino in Coachella, 125 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Barona Resort & Casino in Lakeside, 15 miles northeast of San Diego.
- Bear River Casino Resort in Loleta, 10 miles south of Eureka;
- Black Oak Casino Resort in Tuolumne, 100 miles southeast of Sacramento.
- Blue Lake Casino Hotel in Blue Lake, 10 miles north of Eureka.
- Cache Creek Casino Resort in Brooks, 35 miles northwest of Sacramento.
- Cahuilla Casino Hotel in Anza, 30 miles south of Palm Springs.
- Casino Pauma in Pauma Valley, 35 miles northeast of San Diego.
- Cher-Ae Heights Casino in Trinidad, 25 miles north of Eureka.
- Chicken Ranch Casino in Jamestown, 100 miles southeast of Sacramento.
- Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino in Coarsegold, 35 miles north of Fresno.
- Chumash Casino Resort in Santa Ynez, 40 miles northwest of Santa Barbara.
- Colusa Casino Resort in Colusa, 75 miles north of Sacramento.
- Coyote Valley Casino in Redwood Valley, 115 miles north of San Francisco.
- Desert Rose Casino in Alturas, 100 miles north of Susanville.
- Diamond Mountain Casino Hotel & Brewery in Susanville, 160 miles northeast of Sacramento.
- Eagle Mountain Casino in Porterville, 60 miles southeast of Fresno.
- Elk Valley Casino in Crescent City, 84 miles north of Eureka.
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, 125 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Feather Falls Casino & Lodge in Oroville, 100 miles north of Sacramento.
- Fort Independence Travel Center & Winnedumah Winns Casino in Independence, 90 miles east of Fresno.
- Garcia River Casino in Point Arena, 130 miles north of San Francisco.
- Gold Country Casino Resort in Oroville, 100 miles north of Sacramento.
- Golden Acorn Casino Travel Center in Campo, 40 miles southeast of San Diego.
- Graton Resort & Casino in Rohnert Park, 50 miles north of San Francisco.
- Hard Rock Casino & Hotel Sacramento at Fire Mountain in Wheatland, 36 miles north of Sacramento.
- Harrah’s Resort Southern California in Valley Center, 35 miles northeast of San Diego.
- Havasu Landing Resort & Casino in Havasu Lake, 200 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Hidden Oaks Casino in Covelo, 150 miles northwest of Sacramento.
- Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in Jackson, 50 miles southeast of Sacramento.
- Jamul Casino in Jamul, 10 miles east of San Diego.
- Konocti Vista Casino Resort in Lakeport, 120 miles north of San Francisco.
- Lucky 7 Casino Hotel in Smith River, 100 miles north of Eureka.
- Mono Wind Casino in Auberry, 30 miles northeast of Fresno.
- Morongo Casino Resort Spa in Cabazon, 90 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Pala Casino Spa and Resort in Pala, 35 miles northeast of San Diego.
- Pechanga Resort Casino in Temecula, located 50 miles north of San Diego.
- Pit River Casino in Burney, 190 miles north of Sacramento.
- Quechan Casino Resort in Winterhaven, 170 miles east of San Diego.
- Rain Rock Casino in Yreka, 250 miles north of Sacramento.
- Red Earth Casino in Salton Sea Beach, 114 miles southeast of Riverside.
- Red Fox Casino in Laytonville, 150 miles northwest of Sacramento.
- Red Hawk Casino in Placerville, 40 miles east of Sacramento.
- Redwood Hotel Casino in Klamath, 65 miles north of Eureka.
- River Rock Casino in Geyserville, 75 miles north of San Francisco.
- Robinson Rancheria Resort, Casino & Bingo in Nice, 115 miles northwest of Sacramento.
- Rolling Hills Casino Resort in Corning, 115 miles north of Sacramento.
- Running Creek Casino in Upper Lake, 120 miles northwest of Sacramento.
- San Manuel Casino in Highland, located 65 miles east of Los Angeles.
- San Pablo Lytton Casino in San Pablo, 15 miles north of Oakland.
- Sherwood Valley Casino in Willits, 130 miles north of San Francisco.
- Soboba Casino Resort in San Jacinto, 90 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Spotlight 29 Casino in Coachella, 130 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Sycuan Casino & Resort in El Cajon, 10 miles east of San Diego.
- Table Mountain Casino in Friant, 15 miles north of Fresno.
- Tachi Palace Casino Resort in Lemoore, 50 miles south of Fresno.
- Thunder Valley Casino Resort in Lincoln, 35 miles northeast of Sacramento.
- Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, 125 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Twin Pine Casino & Hotel in Middletown, 100 miles north of San Francisco.
- Valley View Casino & Hotel in Valley Center, 35 miles northeast of San Diego.
- Viejas Casino & Resort in Alpine, 25 miles east of San Diego.
- Wanaaha Casino in Bishop, 130 miles northeast of Fresno.
- Win-River Casino & Resort in Redding, 163 miles north of Sacramento.
Other Gambling Establishments
As an alternative to enjoying California slot machine casino gambling, consider exploring casino options in a nearby state. Bordering California is:
- North: Oregon Slots
- East: Nevada Slots and Arizona Slots
- South: The country of Mexico
- West: Pacific Ocean
Each of the links above will take you to my blog for that neighboring U.S. state to California.
Our California Slots Facebook Community
Are you interested in sharing and learning with other slots enthusiasts in California? If so, join our California slots community on Facebook. All you’ll need is a Facebook profile to freely join this closed Facebook Group community.
There, you can meet online and privately share your slots experiences with local slots enthusiasts about playing slot machines in California. Join us!
Payouts and Returns in California
Tribal-state gaming compacts negotiated between the state of California and its 61 tribes do not include theoretical payout limits nor require public reporting of return statistics.
Summary of California Slot Machine Casino Gambling in 2020
California slot machine casino gambling consists of 65 tribal casinos generally located on remote tribal reservations throughout the state.
Annual Progress in California Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Also, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain has, at long last, opened.
Finally, one casino has permanently closed and another underwent a name change:
- Lucky Bear Casino in Hoopa has permanently closed.
- Paiute Palace Casino in Bishop is now the Wanaaha Casino.
Related Posts from Professor Slots
Other States from Professor Slots
- State-By-State Online Resource for U.S. Casino Slots Enthusiasts
- Previous: Arkansas Slot Machine Casino Gambling
- Next: Colorado Slot Machine Casino Gambling