Introduction to Alaska Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Alaska slot machine casino gambling exists in the form of Class II electronic gaming machines at community bingo halls. Many locations also offer pull-tabs. Cruise ships offer onboard casinos when cruising in international waters.
I’ve dedicated this series to slot enthusiasts such as yourself by using my State-By-State Online Resource for U.S. Casino Slots Enthusiasts to improve your slots gambling performance by reviewing your state’s slots gaming industry.
Keep Reading … Or Listen Instead!
Find my podcast wherever you listen to audio!
Relevant Legal Statutes on Gambling in Alaska*
The minimum legal gambling age in Alaska depends upon the gambling activity:
- Land-Based Casinos: 21
- Poker Rooms: Not available
- Bingo: 19
- Lottery: Not available
- Pari-Mutuel Wagering: Not available
In 1960, the state legislature established a law allowing charitable fundraising events to offer games of skill. With this statute in place, the federal Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) of 1988 allows tribes to offer Class II electronic games as well as other games of skill such as pull-tabs.
Slot Machine Private Ownership in Alaska
Private ownership of a slot machine in Alaska is legal if not offered as a gaming device used for real-money gambling.
Gaming Control Board in Alaska
Alaska does not have a state gaming commission, gaming control board, or state lottery.
These community bingo halls also offer bingo-style gaming machines and pull-tab games, a type of paper-based lottery card, recognized in 1960 by a state statute as a skill-based game.
Casinos in Alaska
In Alaska, there are a handful of American Indian tribal community bingo halls as well as several international cruise ships making seasonal visits to Alaska’s coastal cities.
The largest community bingo hall in Alaska is MIC Gaming Hall having bingo-style electronic games and pull-tabs.
Commercial Casinos in Alaska
There are no land-based, commercial casinos in Alaska, but international cruise ships visit Alaska’s coastal cities. These ships have onboard casinos open for passengers while cruising in international waters.
Tribal Casinos in Alaska
Community halls in Alaska offer bingo, pull-tab games, or both:
- Agate Pulltabs in Sand Point, located off the Alaskan Peninsula on Popof Island.
- Atka Ira Council Pull Tabs located on Atka Island on the Alaskan Peninsula.
- MIC Gaming Hall in Metlakatla, 22 miles south of Ketchikan on Annette Island.
- Native Village of Barrow Pull Tabs in Utqiaġvik, formerly known as the city of Barrow, on the northern-most point of Alaska on the Beaufort Sea, northwest of Fairbanks but four hours away by air travel.
The community halls offering only bingo are:
- T&H Bingo in the City and Borough of Juneau, the capital of Alaska, 297 miles northwest of Ketchikan.
- Kake Tribal Heritage Bingo on Kupreanof Island, 50 miles south of Juneau.
- Sitka Tribal Bingo on Baranof Island, 50 miles southwest of Juneau.
Other Gambling Establishments
As an alternative to enjoying Alaska slot machine casino gambling, consider exploring casino options in nearby Canada or onboard cruise ships to international destinations.
- Anchorage: Crystal Cruises – Crystal Serenity.
- Juneau: Royal Caribbean International – Radiance of the Seas.
Chances Prince Rupert Casino in British Columbia, 50 miles from Ketchikan, has 100 slot machines and 12 table games.
Our Alaska Slots Facebook Community
Are you interested in sharing and learning with other slots enthusiasts in Alaska? If so, join our Alaska slots community on Facebook. All you’ll need is a Facebook profile to freely join this closed Facebook Group community.
There, you can meet online and privately share your slots experiences with local slots enthusiasts about playing slot machines in Alaska. Join us!
Payouts and Returns in Alaska
As is typical in most states with Class II gaming, Alaska has no theoretical payout limits set nor are return statistics publicly available.
Summary of Alaska Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Alaska slot machine casino gambling exists as skill-based, Class II electronic gaming machines at community bingo halls, with some locations offering pull-tabs. Cruise ships offer onboard casinos with games-of-chance when cruising in international waters.
Annual Progress in Alaska Slot Machine Casino Gambling
Over the last year, the Klawock IRA Pull Tab Shoppe closed. Also hopefully only temporarily disrupted is Chances Prince Rupert Casino in Canada as well as Alaskan cruises ships to international destinations.
Related Posts from Professor Slots
Other States from Professor Slots
- State-By-State Online Resource for U.S. Casino Slots Enthusiasts
- Previous: Alabama Slot Machine Casino Gambling
- Next: American Samoa Slot Machine Casino Gambling